Friday, April 29, 2011
Monday, April 25, 2011
1. Deise Mikhail - The Picasso Suite
2. Speechless Project - Theme From Love Story
3. Czech Philarmonic Orchestra - Love Theme from Ben Hur (Bombay Dub Orchestra Remix)
4. Mi Loco Tango - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
5. Jihad Aki - The Mask of Zorro
6. Louie Austen - Reality (Señor Coconut Full Version)
7. Thomas "Mato" Blanchot - Oh Pretty Woman
8. Los Niños de Sara - El Padrino
9. Ritchie Lawrence - Laurence d'Arabie
10. Joe Dolan - Little Green Bag
11. J-Five - Modern Times
12. Fanfare Ciocarlia - 007 (James Bond Theme)
13. Shirley Bassey - Goldfinger (Propellerheads Mix)
14. David D'Or - Tarantino
15. Big Horns B - Mission Impossible
16. Betina Bager - Singing In The Rain ( Love Baby) (Original Mix)
17. Turkish Delight - Dream (Tubular Bells)
The movies and some of the music included in this voyage are:
'The Picasso Suite' from 'Summer of '42' (1971)
Love Theme from 'Ben Hur'(1959)
Jihad Aki - The Mask of Zorro
I was quite surprised to see Louie Austen's 'Reality' has been included!!! Don't miss out my previous interview with Louie Austen for The Male Model Music Project,HERE.
Lawrence of Arabia(1962)
'Little Green Bag' from 'Reservoir Dogs' (1992)
From Charlie Chaplin's 1936 comedy 'Modern Times'...
'James Bond Theme' from 'Dr. No'(1962)
Shirley Bassey performs 'Goldfinger' (1964)
'Singin' in the Rain'(1952)
'Dream (Tubular Bells)' from 'The Exorcist' (1973)
1. Ravin - Homage to Mr V.
2. Hardage feat.Jenny Bae - Levar
3. SoulAvenue feat. Shaheen Sheik - One by One
4. Triangle Sun feat. Lena Kaufman - When You Go Forward
5. Ganga - Clouds
6. Hector Zazou - I Feel Love
7. Zeebee - Be My Sailor
8. Jojo Effect feat. Iain Mackenzie - Mambo Tonight
9. Papercut - Sta Synnefa
10. Alfida - Allaya Lee
11. Jazzamor - Time Is Running
12. Nacho Sotomayor - Timeless
13. Florzinho - A La Luna
14. Nada - Bamboo Dub
15. Fuat & Mashti - Sufisticated
16. The Spy From Cairo - Oud Funk
17. Dunkelbunt feat. Boban I Marko Marcovic Orkestar - Cinnamon Girl
1. Laya Project Remix - Touare ( The Ambergris Remix)
2. Consoul Trainin feat. Anastasia Zannis - Tango To Evora
3. V-Sag feat. Athina Routsi - Cancao do Mar
4. Blank & Jones feat. Mystic Diversions - Quedate (Blank & Jones Moonshine Mix)
5. DJ Kaan Gokman - Level Up
6. Tony Seal - Danza Del Viento (George Vala & Audioprophecy Remix)
7. MHD - Arabica
8. Dimitra Galani - To S'Agapo Borei'' (Dimi Phaze Remix)
9. Sean Bay feat. Arabella - Maktoub
10. Parov Stelar - The Phantom (1930 Swing Version)
11. Dr Kucho! - La Isla (Original Mix)
12. Jay C - Souk ( Original Mix)
13. Caramel Project - Ya Habibi
14. Lustral - Everytime
15. Kaya Project - Sundown (EarthRise SoundSystem Remix)
Tuesday, April 19, 2011
Check out the new commercial for Color ( a new residential complex in Russia) featuring Naomi Campbell, directed by Roman Jirnih, music & sound design by Sasha Knyazev.
Saturday, April 16, 2011
Friday, April 15, 2011
We are good friends and one day we decided to record a song. So what we did. We included this song in our latest album Iris and release it earlier this year on German label Tyranno.
Once we gave this song to DJ Ravin, he liked it and decided to include it in the collection of Buddha Bar. He also likes the fact that the song in Russian and tat it’s a firs unique case in the history of Buddha Bar.
It's a track 100% in Russian, what does it talk about?
Sasha: The song is about life. About all difficulties we have to go through that came across on our way. But the main idea is that you need to look at the world positively and see the bright sides of the life. Though the song has minor tonality "When you go forward, you do not know what to expect out there .... in choruses we hear optimistic part of the song.
How do you see this opportunity o being included in a Buddha Bar compilation?
Sasha: Actually for us it’s not just possibility of selling our music through one of the biggest European compilations, the most important thing there, is that we can consider attention to Russian musical scene!
We want people know that here, in Russia also lives people who write and love music!
Listen to 'When You Go Forward' by Triangle Sun
Triangle Sun feat. Lena Kaufman - Когда идешь Вперед by Sasha Knyazev
Wednesday, April 13, 2011
Some of the tracks to be included:
01. Ravin, Carlos Campos & David Visan “Homage to Mr V.” (5’24)
02. Hardage Feat. Jenny Bae “Lamento” (Sunset Rework) (4’14)
03. SoulAvenue Feat. Shaheen Sheik “One by One” (Original Mix) (5’07)
04. Triangle Sun Feat. Lena Kaufman “When You Go Forward” (3’50)
05. Ganga “Clouds” (5’12)
CD2/ Secret Bliss
01. Laya Project Remix “Touare” (The Ambergris Remix) (5’47)
02. Consoul Trainin & Pink Noisy Feat. Anastasia Zannis “Tango To Evora” (4’43)
03. V-Sag Feat. Athina Routsi “Cancao Do Mar” (5’44)
04. Blank & Jones With Mystic Diversions “Quedate” (Blank & Jones Moonshine Mix) (5’25)
05. DJ Kaan Gokman “Level Up” (5’43)
Monday, April 11, 2011
01. This Mortal Coil - Waves Become Wings
02. Kid Congo & The Pink Monkey Birds - La Lliarona
03. The Black Angels - Science Killer
04. Chimes & Bells - The Mole (Trentemøller Remix)
05. Low - (That's How You Sing) Amazing Grace
06. Mazzy Star - Mary of Silence
07. Velvet Underground & Nico - Venus In furs
08. Vampire Hands - Safe Word
09. The Shangri-La's - Walking In The Sand
10. Jacqueline Taieb - 7 Heures Du Matin
11. M. Ward - Poor Boy, Minor Key
12. Darkness Falls - Noise On The Line
13. Papercuts - Unavailable
14. We Fell To Earth - Lights Out
15. Thee Oh See's - Ghost In The Trees
16. Trentemøller - Blue Hotel (Exclusive Chris Isaak Cover Version)
17. Nick Cave & Warren Ellis - The Proposition #1
18. Eden Ahbez - Full Moon
19. Ekko – Rehearsal
20. Paul Morley – Lost For Words - part. 1
Sunday, April 10, 2011
Tell us about the sounds you created this time for the new Dolce & Gabbana men's backstage video. What inspired these sounds?
Franky B: This time I've tried to shift an eighties flavour inspired by the character of Bryan Ferry(the Roxy Music's leader) who was one of the celebrities invited at the DG's Milano fashion show.
The inspiration was not like a musically mention into the track, it was a sort of my idea to design the sound inspired by that mood.
Franky B: In this case, I tried to communicate more happiness and more "party people" style, combining a little bit of funk and disco music hooks...
"Eccentric Tailoring" for the DG collection. What are "eccentric sounds" in your opinion?
Franky B: Eccentric sounds?... I think that is more easy to say what are the good sounds, and it's really hard to have a good answer, cause I think that the music is one of the most individual emotion and I think that what is "eccentric-important-rich-hi quality" for me, maybe might be totally different for you..and so we go into a loop!!!
Every season, it's your duty to give sounds to the backstage video feature. What is the most difficult part in the progress of creation of brand new sounds to match a previous defined concept line, in this case for the DG/ D&G videos?
Franky B: The most difficult part is to exceed the level of the past, and it's hard because every time you work with a massive pledge and you try to make all that's possible to achieve it, but this time I got a really good help from Adriano Marrocco, a DG's manager with super musical skills.
Tell us about your latest or upcoming projects and radio shows.
Franky B: Well, I'm playing every day on Alessio Bertallot's Rai Tunes a daily radio show of Rai Radio 2, hosted by Alessio Bertallot one of the most important italian DJ's and musicians, I'm very proud of this, because it is a wonderful experience.
I've got some gigs as a DJ in London, Austria and Italy of course and finally I have a 3 EP output with two labels Kenpo recordings and Globox, and I'm really happy for this.
Special thanks to Franky B and abstract:groove, for sharing with us this insight of their work.
Check out the 'Miss Sicily' video for Dolce & Gabbana, also filmed & produced by abstract:groove
Dolce & Gabbana's official site, HERE.
Saturday, April 9, 2011
3. Hang On To Your Love
4. The Sweetest Taboo
5. Is It A Crime
6. Never As Good As The First Time
8. Love Is Stronger Than Pride
10. Nothing Can Come Between Us
11. No Ordinary Love
12. Kiss Of Life
13. Feel No Pain+
14. Bullet Proof Soul+
1. Cherish The Day
3. By Your Side+
6. King Of Sorrow+
7. The Sweetest Gift+
8. Solider Of Love+
9. The Moon And The Sky+
11. Still In Love With You**
12. Love Is Found**
13. I Would Never Have Guessed**
14. The Moon And The Sky (Remix Featuring Jay-Z)**
15. By Your Side (Neptunes Remix)+